How To Winterize Your Car
Chicago winters can get really cold and sometimes dangerous to drive through. You can prepare your vehicle to handle the harsh weather with the below fall maintenance tips from Continental Mitsubishi. You can also bring your vehicle in to our dealership’s service department for a complete vehicle inspection to make sure your car is ready for the upcoming season.
Fall Vehicle Maintenance Checklist
- Get an oil change. Keeping up on regularly scheduled maintenance can help extend the life of your engine.
- Test your battery life. Local auto parts stores will often test your battery free of charge.
- Brake check. Worn brake pads mean less stopping power on icy roadways, have them checked and/or replaced before winter.
- Fill your windshield washer reservoir with cold weather fluid.
- Check your tires. Tire pressure drops one to two pounds for every ten-degree temperature change. Also, you’ll want to make sure your tires have enough tread on them to handle the snow safely.
- Create a winter emergency road kit. In case you do get stranded you will want certain winter necessities on hand such as a shovel, first aid kit and tools to change a spare tire among other things.
- Put Iso-heat, or a similar product in your gas tank as soon as the temperature gets below freezing.
You can save on your regularly scheduled vehicle maintenance and seasonal service with our parts and service coupons at Continental Mitsubishi. Just find the coupon you need and print it out before you visit our service and parts department.
If you go through the above checklist and find that your vehicle isn’t up to the task of handling winter roads, come to our dealership for a new Mitsubishi model with all-wheel-control such as the 2016 Outlander Sport or 2017 Lancer. You can schedule a test drive with one of these models by contacting our dealership directly at 877-966-2549 or scheduling a test drive online.