Mitsubishi New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage FAQs
One of the greatest strengths of the Mitsubishi brand is its extensive warranty coverage. Being covered by warranty is a great way to ensure that you won’t be left with no options if your vehicle collapses to pieces the moment you drive off the dealership lot. Due to this, warranty coverage is one big factor that many buyers consider when getting a new ride, especially here in the Chicago area, where reliability is particularly important.
But when drivers stop to think about warranties, they sometimes encounter some confusion in the recesses of their brain. What, after all, is actually covered by a new vehicle warranty? Specifically, what does the Mitsubishi New Vehicle Limited Warranty cover?
The Mitsubishi New Vehicle Limited Warranty provides coverage for all parts of the vehicle that have been supplied by Mitsubishi Motors of North America. Other aspects of new Mitsubishi vehicles are covered by other warranties. These include coverage on the: powertrain components, restraint system, anti-corrosion/perforation, and adjustments. Mitsubishi also provides 5-years/unlimited miles of roadside assistance.
What’s not covered by the Mitsubishi New Vehicle Limited Warranty?
Costs not covered by the Mitsubishi New Vehicle Limited Warranty include those that arise due to:
- Alteration, misuse or accident damage
- Damage caused by use and/or the environment
- Damage or performance problems resulting from modifications or racing
- Damage caused by improper maintenance or failure to follow the recommended maintenance schedule
- Parts and labor needed to maintain the vehicle and the replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear (unless such costs result from a warranty covered repair)
- Normal paint and appearance deterioration due to use and exposure
- Incidental and consequential damages, such as inconvenience, travel or lodging, gasoline expense, and damage to personal property
How long is the Mitsubishi New Vehicle Limited Warranty and Powertrain Warranty?
The Mitsubishi Basic Warranty lasts for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first. The Mitsubishi Powertrain Warranty lasts for 10 years or 100,000 miles.