Can I buy a car with an ITIN number in Illinois?

By Product Expert | Posted in FAQ, Tips & Tricks on Sunday, May 24th, 2020 at 8:03 pm
A man and woman shake hands with a mysterious signed form on the table.

Financing a Vehicle Without a Social Security Number in the Chicago Area

For individuals that don’t have a social security number, it can be difficult to get a car loan. This is unfortunate, since some of these individuals include immigrants living in the U.S. on a visa. Such temporary residents find themselves in a unique situation, as they likely still need a vehicle but can have a hard time buying one unless they have the entire cash value on hand.

One idea that may come to mind is to use an ITIN number to apply for and receive a car loan. Can one finance a vehicle using an ITIN number in Illinois?

Red 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage zooms through a city

Here at Continental Mitsubishi, we accept ITIN numbers for the purchase of a new vehicle. If you don’t have an SSN, an ITIN is perfectly fine to serve as identification.

Though traditional lenders and banks usually require an SSN before they can serve individuals with credit, we are willing to help you get financing approval no matter what your unique situation may be. To get started, simply hit the button above to complete our safe, secure online form.

Flexible Financing Options on New Vehicles near Chicago, IL

Acceptance of the ITIN number is provided as one of our secondary financing offers. We believe in getting everyone behind the wheel of the vehicle they need, and our financing philosophy embodies this.

Mitsubishi vehicles are great options for this purpose, as they emphasize providing excellent value. They also boast long-lasting warranty coverage. You can begin your Mitsubishi buying journey by checking out our new Mitsubishi inventory.

How do I get an ITIN number?

If you’re a foreigner living domestically in the U.S. on a visa and don’t have an ITIN number yet, you can receive one by following the instructions on the IRS website. An ITIN number will be necessary for filing your taxes while you live and work in the U.S.

Leave a Reply