One of the best parts about Halloween is all of the candy! The costumes are fun but have a lifespan limited to the school Halloween party and trick-or-treating. But, the candy kids bring in from such activities can last for weeks. As a parent, you get to choose your favorite treats from the kiddos’ bags and for the kids, it’s sugar heaven.
If you’re living in the Countryside, IL area, we have a complete list of trick-or-treating times in the surrounding communities for you to take your pick from. Or if you have enough time, you can take your kids to multiple neighborhoods and see even more fun Halloween decorations and creative costumes.
West Side Chicago Trick-or-Treat Times
Western Springs: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
La Grange Park: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Hillside: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Indian Head Park: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Clarendon Hills: 2 p.m to 7:30 p.m.
Trick-or-Treating Safety Tips
- Do Not Let Kids Trick-or-Treat Alone. Whether it’s with friends or a parent, kids should always trick-or-treat with a companion.
- Put Reflective Tape on Costumes or Candy Bags. This makes it easier for vehicles to see trick-or-treaters after dark.
- Carry a Flashlight After Dark.
- Make Sure Your Kid’s Costume Allows for Good Peripheral Vision.
- Eat Only Sealed Treats.
- Be Respectful of Neighbors’ Property.
- Make Sure Your Child’s Costume is Warm Enough. Halloween has seen some pretty chilly years so make sure your kid can bundle up if necessary.
- Stay In Well Lit Neighborhoods.
- Only go to Homes with a Lit Porch Light.
For more information on local events and happenings, stay tuned to the Continental Mitsubishi blog. With our dealership you can also find a page filled with service coupons, finance tools to plan for your next vehicle purchase and more. To see our fleet of Mitsubishi models in person, stop in at our dealership or schedule a test drive online.