When is trick or treating this year in Countryside, IL?
Get your costume together because Halloween is coming up right around the corner! Whether you prefer tricks or treats, you’ll find plenty here in Countryside, IL! Families looking to get out and enjoy the festivities and the time-honored tradition of trick or treating can do so here in town, during the designated trick or treating times for Halloween 2018.
This Halloween, Countryside will be scheduling its trick-or-treating times on Wednesday, October 31st from 3pm to 7pm.
For those that are planning on dressing up and hitting the streets for some tasty treats, it’s always a good idea to be prepared for a safe, fun trick or treating experience. To help you get ready, here are a few safety tips for trick or treaters.
- Parents or trusted adults should be with young children at all times
- To stay visible to others, groups should bring a flashlight and keep it lit
- Kids should refrain from costumes that hinder their visibility or mobility
- Dressing kids in lighter colored costumes or adding reflective gear to costumes can keep kids visible in the dark
- Stay on the sidewalk and only cross the street at crosswalks
- Don’t let your kids eat their candy before you’ve had the chance to check it
[Read more: Haunted Houses near Chicago, IL]
Those unable to make it to Countryside’s trick or treating should check out the Halloween Party that will be hosted in La Grange at the Recreation Center. The party will be held on Friday, October 26 from 6pm – 8pm. Attendees can expect games, entertainment, prizes and more. Be sure to bring your costumes!